Thanks very much for your excellent expose James.

I have resolved my query to the group and appreciate the time people have put
into it. I hope others have learnt from this too.

My solution is a fundamental parenting technique.  I.e.  Tell them that unless
they cut back they will have to pay me upfront for the extra data plan I will
purchase to resolve the problem they created. Given they won't part with any
cash, they will cut back or I will cut them off the network and they will have
to get by on wireless Internet; which will still cost them heaps and their
speed will drop off. This reality check has been received with begrudging
acceptance.

I call it Tim's command line interface :-)

Ta
Tim

Sent from my iPhone