In contrast I believe all phones in Australia can be unlocked once the plan has 
run it's full course.  iiNet have recently started offering phone plans that 
have amazing value for money but you need to be an iinet customer to obtain 
these phone plans.  For example: their cheapest plan is $10 a month which gives 
you $150 of calls and sms,  200MB download  and unlimited download from 
facebook, twitter, ebay, linkedin, foursquare and myspace.  iiNet don't do any 
deals with phones though so you would need to have your own fully paid for 
iPhone.

Regards
Ruben


Hi Aurora,

You would need to check this out thoroughly if A) you think you are buying it 
cheaper.
B)I believe you cannot get a US phone unlocked. All US phones are locked to 
AT&T, even if purchased without contract. 

There is a substantial fee involved for unlocking the iPhone so it will work 
with an Australian SIM.

WAMUG Mailing list had a discussion on this some time back, perhaps do a search 
of the Archives.

Cheers,
Ronni

On 06/01/2011, at 3:06 PM, lem1 wrote:

> 
> No issues at all from the phone as far as I'm aware as I know a few people 
> did that with the first gen. iphones.
> 
> 
> 
> On 06/01/2011, at 1:59 PM, Aurora74 wrote:
> 
>> Hi,
>> 
>> I have a potentially silly question but will an iPhone bought in the US work 
>> happily here in Aus?
>> 
>> Are there any issues getting it connected to the evil Big T's network?
>> 
>> Smiles and thanks
>> Aurora
>> 
>> ------------------
>> An Apple a day.................
>> 
>> 




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>





-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>