I cannot transfer my full email history from PC to iMac.  Any suggestions for a 
remedy?

I converted my Microsoft Outlook emails to Thunderbird (3.1.9) on my WinXP 
machine.   I copied the resultant mail file to my iMac and then used Mail (4.4) 
to import the data.   All folders are imported but no folder has the full tally 
of emails it should have - say  only 10 percent overall.   Some folders are 
completely empty, some have a few emails, and others very precise numbers of 
100, 200 and 400 emails.   On comparing a block of transferred emails with the 
source there are individual emails missing as well as from beginning and end.

Within Mail I deleted the Import mailbox several times.   I copied the 
Thunderbird mail file to two different USB thumb drives.   I copied the USB 
file to desktop for another Import test.  It seems that I'm getting a 
consistent data transfer whatever the method.   Even USB is too fast to read 
the individual email subject as it is being imported, but I'm sure I recognised 
some names that belonged inside a subsequent empty folder.

I cleaned up the Outlook emails and folders before converting to Thunderbird.   
 Including the Archive files, total mail folder is about 650MB.   I only want 
the Personal files, but I did one test with both Archive and Personal streams - 
the same incomplete pattern of emails happened.

Regards, Alan

Alan Smith
 iMac 21.5" Nov 2009
 Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06GHz/4 MB
 OSX 10.6.6 Snow Leopard






-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>