Thanks to Peter C, Peter H and Ronni

I used O2M for email and contacts transfer.  It worked well.

O2M was not really faster than Thunderbird: it just worked a lot better!

Cheers, Alan 


On 18/03/2011, at 8:28 AM, Ronda Brown wrote:

Hi Alan,

Extract from a previous email from myself to WAMUG:
O2M is for transferring from Windows Outlook Mail & Address Book and converting 
to Apple Mail (or Entourage) & Address Book format.

O2M  ---  'Outlook2Mac'
http://www.littlemachines.com/

> 
> On 18/03/2011, at 5:37 AM, Peter Crisp wrote:
> 
>> G'day Alan, a while back I had reason to be doing this and I used "O2M" on 
>> Ronni's recommendation. It is a $10 download and worked flawlessly, with all 
>> emails transferred, with attachments, subject line and folderising (not sure 
>> if that's a kosher word but gets the message I think) as you'd expect. 
>> perhaps this is worth a try. If you google "O2M" it is the first hit 
>> returned and their is a free trial version which will demo the process.
>> 
>> Regards
>> 
>> Peter.
> 
> I'll second that. I have often used O2M with great effect over the years. It 
> will be interesting to see how the new Migration Assistant in Lion handles 
> this (supports migration directly from a Windows PC).
> 
> Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
> FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
> Perth, Western Australia
> Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.













-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>