Hi Carlo,

Like you, I'm not  sure I'm going to like where Apple is heading with MobileMe.
I've been a member from when Dot.Mac was first introduced.

/Begin Quote:
Apple plans major MobileMe revamp for April launch; prior version to be phased
out in a year!

Apple is set to announce a new, free version of MobileMe next month, according
to a trusted iLounge source. The source, who works for a major educational
institution, claims the school’s supplier has said the current version of
MobileMe is no longer available, and that Apple is suggesting new students sign
up for the 60-day trial to cover the gap between the final MobileMe shipment
and the launch of the new version.

In addition, the source was told that Apple will be supporting the existing
version of MobileMe for the next year, suggesting that the new version will be
quite different from the existing service; the extra year of support would
likely cover those who recently paid for a full year of MobileMe, prior to
Apple removing any method through which a user could pay for the service.

 Recent reports have suggested that the revamped service will position it as a
free online, cloud-based “locker” for content such as photos, videos, and music.

<http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comments/apple-plans-major-mobileme-revamp-for-april-launch-prior-version-to-be-phas/>

By Charles Starrett
Senior Editor, iLounge
Published: Friday, March 18, 2011