Hello Barry,

On 13/06/2011, at 12:56 PM, Barry Sexstone wrote:

> I hope one of the wise committee members may be able to help me.
>
> I believe my membership payment is due as it is 12 months since I last paid.
> The Constitution says renewal is due on the anniversary of being admitted as
> a member.  However I seem to recall that is was proposed that all
> subscriptions be on a common date either 1 January or 1 July.  Was this
> proposal passed at the AGM?  If so what is the payment date?

1 January to 31 December

The below Amendments to the WAMUG Constitution were passed at the ’Special
General Meeting’ May 2011
"The Special General Meeting of the WAMUG was held at 7.00 where the four
special resolutions (amendments) to the constitution were put to the meeting.
There were a number of proxy votes also received and, combined with the
personal votes made at the actual meeting, each individual special resolution
was carried unanimously."

“4.4    Subscriptions
4.4.1   The annual subscriptions payable by Members of the Group shall be
determined at the Annual General Meeting, or a Special General Meeting where
the subject of subscriptions has been specifically included in the notice.
4.4.2   Subject to clauses 4.4.3, 4.4.4 and 4.4.5, the subscription period runs
for the calendar year (from 1 January to 31 December). Subsequent subscriptions
shall be due and payable within one month from 1 January each year.
4.4.3   Where an application for membership is received on or between 1 January
and 30 June, the initial subscription fee shall be for the full annual fee and
the initial subscription period shall expire on 31 December of that year.
4.4.4   Where an application for membership is received on or between 1 July
and 31 October, the initial subscription fee shall be for half the annual
subscription fee and the initial subscription period shall expire on 31
December of that year.
4.4.5   Where an application for membership is received on or between 1
November and 31 December, the initial subscription fee shall be for the full
annual fee but the initial subscription period shall expire on 31 December of
the following year.”