My intel Mac Pro is starting to have a problem, which I fear is a serious one.
It is 3 years and 9 months old, so out of warranty, out of AppleCare.

About a week ago, about 10 minutes after starting up in the morning, it
suddenly crashed and then restarted itself immediately.  I thought it was just
a glitch in our electricity supply - that happens quite a lot here.  The next
day, it happened again and several times since.  By now I was thinking it was
the Mac's problem.  This morning, I thought it wasn't going to start at all -
it made about a dozen attempts before it finally settled down.

I have always turned it off at night, mainly because of the electricity
glitches, but I will leave it on tonight.

I'm just guessing, but that kind of behaviour seems like it might be some
connection that warms up on starting, but is beginning to fail.  I bought this
machine from Macworx, so I will probably approach them about a repair, and am
fully backed up.

I would just like to get an idea about what might be happening, and if it might
or might not be repairable - I will appreciate your thoughts about it.

A safe and happy New Year to you all!

Pat