Hi to all those who offered assistance

1       Have now updated my version of Deja Vu to the latest i.e. 4.1.1

2       Have now swapped my 2 drives around and connected what was my 2nd
Backup drive which has 2 Firewire connections direct to the IMac via an 800 FW
cable

3       Have now connected my original Time Machine drive ( which only had 1 FW
socket )via FW 800 from the other drive. Both drives are now connected using
FW800 cables in a daisy chain configuration

4       Have also gone into Terminal and checked the Perl interpreter and this
produced a Hello World message

Ran backup using Deja Vu and all went well except for the following error
message on the Deja Vu log

*** THE FOLLOWING ERRORS WERE DETECTED ***

rsync:
readlink_stat("/Users/graemewinters/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/launchd_2011-12-21-100216_Graeme-Winterss-iMac.crash")
 failed: Invalid argument (22)

I feel as though much progress has been made but would now like some guidance
on this error message

Again my thanks for the assistance.
We have a wonderful Mac community

Graeme

On 07/03/2012, at 6:58 PM, Ray Forma wrote:

> Graeme,
>
> Considering the way you have connected your drives I'm surprised that your
> iMac could even 'see' the second drive in your chain; good old MacOS 10.
> Ronda's recommendation that you also connect your Mac to the first drive via
> Firewire, and update to the current version of Deja Vu, will very likely
> solve your problem.
>
> On 07/03/2012, at 5:59 PM, Graeme Winters wrote:
>
>> Ray
>>
>> The 2 TB drive in place is connected to my IMac via USB and the 1 TB
>> connected to this via 800 Firewire
>>

>> Thank you both for your response
>>
>> Graeme
>>
>> iMac 27"