I never do that Bill. If a human has triggered the bounce they know it is a
legitimate email address and you're likely to get more.

My spam filters in Mail app filter off spam, many per day. After a month they
get automatically deleted. Mail app just does it all automatically for me.
Sometimes I check in the spam folder for legit emails, but rarely find any.

Responding only encourages them.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone