That is correct, I can not recall the amount but it is not excessive.
I have used it for many years now with nary a glitch,and an occasional
detection of something nasty to let me know it is (probably!) working.  It used
to have a cousin called Net Barrier but this is now rolled in with Virus
Barrier to make a complete package.  It can be licensed for more than one
computer, as I have done.
I agree, the built in OS protection is probably more than sufficient but with
this my sleep at night is doubly assured!
Severin