Hi again Vladimir,

<http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1461361>

/Quote:
Update available at 
<http://bigpond.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19015#2> 

which with keepalive enabled made everything super stable. Linux & Mac users 
should ignore the braindead intructions, download the windows version, extract 
the .bin file from the archive and do the update as intended using the normal 
update function from the web interface. afterwards From the Next G® Settings 
menu, select Signal Selection and save. Made the device work as intended, 2 
bars to 5 with a small centre loaded whip.

/End Quote

I'm only giving you the information, I take no responsibility.

Cheers,
Ronni

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)


On 27/11/2012, at 11:04 AM, Ronda Brown <[email protected]> wrote:

> I feel your pain and frustration Vladimir.
> 
> Bigpond are saying that firmware can only be upgraded using a Windows PC, as 
> firmware upgrades are all ".exe" files and thus cannot be upgraded from Mac, 
> Linux, BSD or Unix computers, unless you run Windows in a virtual machine or 
> similar environment.
> 
> So you need Windows installed in Parallels Desktop or Boot Camp or similar on 
> your Mac to upgrade the firmware.
> 
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> 
> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
> 
> On 27/11/2012, at 8:18 AM, Vladimir James <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> Aside from coverage, I have found that Telstra's service for this Mac user 
>> sucks.
>> 
>> I have a wireless 3G plan using the NetComm 3G21WB modem. I received notice 
>> that the modem urgently required an update, and since my download speeds had 
>> been averaging less than 1 MBps, I made enquiries. I found that the update 
>> required the use of a Windows machine. Well, I had deliberately divested 
>> myself of Windows hardware and software. I complained. A week or so later, I 
>> received replies from Technical Support:
>> 
>> "First, I would like to extend my apologies for any inconvenience that this 
>> issue had caused you. Unfortunately, firmware update file is only compatible 
>> with a Windows computer. You can only update the 3G21 modem by using 
>> downloading the file to a Windows Computer, connect the modem to the Windows 
>> Computer using an ethernet cable. Lastly run the file from the Windows 
>> computer to your modem.
>> If you have any other questions ...." 
>> 
>> And, another ...
>> 
>> "We understand how hassle to do this upgrade. As far as benefit is concern 
>> it will help your connection perform much better. For the meantime, the only 
>> way that we can perform this upgrade is by connecting your modem to a 
>> Windows machine, and run the download on that machine. Once done, you can 
>> now connect using your MAC and receive the higher downlink speeds.
>> 
>> BigPond is still finding its better solution on how we can establish such 
>> process on MAC users soon."
>> 
>> In case you missed it, they are telling me that I have to borrow or 
>> otherwise acquire a different OS in order to update the equipment they sold 
>> me as a Mac user.
>> 
>> Still seething,
>> 
>> Vlad James
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://lists.wamug.org.au/pipermail/wamug.org.au-wamug/attachments/20121127/4ecc92f3/attachment.htm
 
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>