Thanks Ronni
Umm, sorry but where would I locate the IP for the Laserwriter Select ?
I had it working on my old Mac with OS Leopard (Not Snow) and had it connected
via Appletalk with a cross over cable.  If its of any help the cable from the
printer is
a nine pin.

After reading up on your recommendation documentation, I see it is not possible
use Appletalk any longer with Lion, but understand there is a complicated
alternative !!

Thanks
Jewels