Hi Barry,

Is you Home Folder showing in the Finder Sidebar? That is just an Alias in the
Sidebar.
You need to:
1. In the Finder, click the icon for your Hard Drive.
 (Unless you’ve renamed it, it’s probably called Macintosh HD.)

2. Open the Users folder.

3. Then drag your Home Folder from the Users folder onto the Dock (first spot
to the right of the divider) and release the mouse button.

If you hover your cursor over the dock you will see the divider symbol (white
vertical line with arrow top & bottom)