Peter,

You have to log into your ISP (in this case Westnet) securely, if you want to
send your mail via another service provider.
Either that or you have to know and use the outbound settings for each
different service provider.

It is quite easy to use Westnet, and instructions for setting up secure
outbound services are shown here.
http://myhelp.westnet.com.au/display/page/20086786
Even though Eudora isn't there you should be able to work it out using the Mac
Mail settings.

Basically you have to do the opposite of what you described.
Authorise  your login to mai.westnet.com.au
use port 587
use password authentication
set your full email address as username
set your email password as password.