Many thanks Ronni.  I had to switch SSL Off and change the port number from 995
to 110 but the situation remains.  Incoming mail is fine but outgoing gives a
PW error.  Same accounts from two other computers fine.  Likewise my wife's
email is fine on the iPad for send and receive, using the settings you suggest
(and they were OK before too).  She can send and receive but has a different
PW.
I am wondering about deleting the faulty account and setting it up from
scratch, a minor operation and I do not need any of the emails, they are filed
elsewhere.
Regards on this lovely sunny but chilly day
Severin
On 14/06/2013, at 6:59 AM, Ronda Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:

> Hi Severin,
>
> If you are sure you have typed the correct new password and have verified
> that your account is set up and your SMTP server is On and you still can’t
> send mail.
>
> 1. Touch the Account from the Mail, Contacts, Calendars tab.
> 2. Touch the Account tab and then touch the Advanced tab under the SMTP tab.
> 3. Use SSL switch is OFF
> 4. Touch the Authentication tab and set it to Password
> 5. Look at the number next to Server Port. Set it to 110
> 6. Make sure that the S/MIME switch is set to OFF
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni
>
> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
>
> On 13/06/2013, at 11:02 PM, Severin Crisp <sevcr...@westnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>> At Westnet's insistence, my mail account having been hacked, I changed my
>> Mail password.   All fine with changed password on this iMac and our MacBook
>> but not on the iPad.  It gets incoming mail happily but says password wrong
>> when sending.  How can this be??!!
>> Severin Crisp

             Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
                  ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                           mail to: sevcr...@westnet.com.au