That is how it is set already.
Still no joy.   Incoming mail still coming in!
Severin

On 14/06/2013, at 1:12 PM, Ronda Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:

> Hi Severin,
>
> Try this:
> Settings > Mail,Contacts,Calendars > your account > Outgoing Mail Server:
> SMTP > Tap your Primary Server.
> Use SSL ON
> Server Port 587
>
> See if you can send an email to yourself now.
>
> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
>
> On 14/06/2013, at 10:31 AM, Severin Crisp <sevcr...@westnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Many thanks Ronni.  I had to switch SSL Off and change the port number from
>> 995 to 110 but the situation remains.  Incoming mail is fine but outgoing
>> gives a PW error.  Same accounts from two other computers fine.  Likewise my
>> wife's email is fine on the iPad for send and receive, using the settings
>> you suggest (and they were OK before too).  She can send and receive but has
>> a different PW.
>> I am wondering about deleting the faulty account and setting it up from
>> scratch, a minor operation and I do not need any of the emails, they are
>> filed elsewhere.
>> Regards on this lovely sunny but chilly day
>> Severin
>> On 14/06/2013, at 6:59 AM, Ronda Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Severin,
>>>
>>> If you are sure you have typed the correct new password and have verified
>>> that your account is set up and your SMTP server is On and you still can’t
>>> send mail.
>>>
>>> 1. Touch the Account from the Mail, Contacts, Calendars tab.
>>> 2. Touch the Account tab and then touch the Advanced tab under the SMTP tab.
>>> 3. Use SSL switch is OFF
>>> 4. Touch the Authentication tab and set it to Password
>>> 5. Look at the number next to Server Port. Set it to 110
>>> 6. Make sure that the S/MIME switch is set to OFF
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ronni
>>>
>>> Sent from Ronni's iPad4

             Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
                  ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                           mail to: sevcr...@westnet.com.au