On 10 Dec 2013, at 5:53 pm, F.W. Hänel <whae...@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Hello all,

Hello Walter,

> Have just upgraded to Maverick.

It is OS X Mavericks 10.9   (has an 's')

> Can I use the same bootable HD (ML) to do the occasional SuperDuper backup ?

Yes, SuperDuper does a bootable 'Clone' of your computer.

> Is there an official Maverick user manual ?

Apple don't supply manuals for the OS (Operating System).

Use Finder > Help > Help Center. It's just like a manual!
And it's built into the OS!

OS X Mavericks: "The missing Manual"  by Author David Pogue is one book I would
recommend people purchase.

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)