Yes, mine feels like a new machine.

On 27 Feb 2014, at 9:19 pm, Brian Risbey <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thank you Susan,
> 
> I recently had the same thing done to my MacBookPro17".
> 
> Could be that, I was trying to be good and reduce used space on the drive. 
> spring clean and all that.
> So, I should look for the setting about removing the messages from the 
> server. Bigpond must love me if I have 92 000 messages sitting there, I 
> thought they were removed after downloading or after a specified period. Time 
> to check preferences.
> 
> 
> The Samsung SSD 1Tb is making a big difference in performance, even in this 
> old beastie. :-) Thank You Daniel if you're 'listening'.
> 
> Brian
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On 27 Feb 2014, at 9:07 pm, Susan Hastings <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Brian, A possibility is that you have left all of your messages on the 
> server, when you open Mail again it may go through the process of 
> redownloading them.
> 
> I have three email accounts and have just set up my Macbook Pro after Daniel 
> put an SSD drive in it. It took many hours for all the messages to sync to my 
> computer. I like to keep them because every now and then I need to search for 
> something and it’s a big relief when I find it.
> 
> cheers, Susan.
> 
> 
> On 27 Feb 2014, at 8:58 pm, Brian Risbey <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> Hi All, Mail question,
>> 
>> Mail is still dragging its feet, I checked Mail Activity Monitor and it says 
>> it is moving 92 407 messages, yes - maybe about 10 years worth...
>> I have been through all my Mail folders - 'On My Mac' and had a massive 
>> throw out, removing 5300 messages to Trash, emptied Trash but still the 
>> Activity monitor says it is dealing with the 92 000 messages, writing to 
>> disk...
>> Where do I need to look for these 92 000+ messages?
>> Do I need to deal with them?
>> 
>> or just leave it all alone?
>> OSX 10.9.2
>> Mail Version 7.2 (1874)
>> 
>> thank you
>> Brian
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>