Juliet,

It's a hard choice.

The ability for Family Tree Maker to sync with your Ancestry account online is
a significant advantage to me. I can use the power of the Ancestry.com.au
searches and ability to add people to my tree, then sync it to my desktop app,
Family Tree Maker. You have to be careful to not import someone else's mistakes
obviously, but this two way syncing is useful. It means I can load my data to
the internet for others to see and gain from. AFAIK, Reunion doesn't provide
this type of connectivity.  Is Reunion a nicer programme to use? Yes I think it
is.

Be aware Once you start using another app for family tree data, you've got to
either duplicate your data entry, or have a way of exporting the data files
from one app into the other to keep them in sync = fiddly complexity.

It would be nice if we could use, lets say the same source file and store it in
Dropbox and access that data via whichever app took our fancy at any particular
time. I don't think it's that easy tho.

Tim