Yes I agree Stephen. I have 4 MacBooks in the house with Mavericks and we've
had no issues.

One thing I would suggest to Ken, do a google search for use of Mavericks with
your brand and model of printer. See if there are people having issues with
that model. My Epson no problem.

You may have peculiar 3rd party software too which may or may not be
problematic, again just a quick google search will expose any gross issues.

My experience with mavericks has been positive. I hope it is for Ken if you
launch the updater!

Regards

Pete