Thanks Jewels.

It’s not Keychain that is the bother.

It is the boot access when I start the machine.  It doesn’t require any kind of
password to open up and get into the operating system.  This worries me.

I have changed by bank and credit card passwords over the phone, not using my
computer.  They should be OK if there was a problem.

But the problem remains.  How is it that I can boot in without any password?

David