Hi Severin,

I have recently done this with no problems ­ my iMac is slightly older 11,1
and I just followed the OWC video.

I don¹t remember exactly which screwdriver/bit I used but I do have quite an
assortment.


Since then I actually bought a 61 piece bit set (Bunnings special) that
includes several different phillips and other cross-head bits in a small
plastic case (not much bigger than the old audio cassette tapes).

You are very welcome to pop round and borrow these ­ I¹m sure one will be
the right fit.


Cheers



Neil
-- 
Neil R. Houghton
Albany, Western Australia
Tel: +61 8 9841 6063
Email: [email protected]




on 25/6/14 14:08, Severin Crisp at [email protected] wrote:

> I have a Late 2011 iMac 12,1 and have purchased modules to go from 8GB to 24GB
> ( thanks Daniel).  Today I duly shut down, unplugged everything from the back
> (including a struggle as always with the ethernet plug) and laid the Mac out
> flat on a towel.  Various of the online ³how tos² list the simple procedure
> starting with a Phillips screwdriver to undo the three small screws that
> secure the cover.  But not so easy.  I have several Phillips screwdrivers
> which look as if they are correct but do not catch.  Closer inspection shows
> that the screwheads have only a shallow indent so a normal Phillips, which has
> a bit of an extended point, does not apparently go in far enough to engage.
> Not wishing to damage screwheads I put it all back again and still have 2 x
> 8GB sitting on the desk looking at me expectantly.  Has anyone else tried to
> follow this seemingly straightforward operation and had, or not had, similar
> problems?  Are they really Phillips screws or something that just looks like
> them?  I have had similar situations in the past.
> Advice please!  
> Severin Crisp
> 
> ____________________________________________________
> 
>              Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
> 15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
>                   ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
>                            mail to: [email protected]
> ____________________________________________________
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe -
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>