On 2 Sep 2014, at 5:19 pm, Stephen Chape <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi folks, > > I was just at a friend’s place and he asked me if I had seen the news about > iCloud being compromised ? > I have arrived home and see nothing in news reports about this. > Has anybody seen or heard anything re this today ? > > My friend is a Windoze user and suffers badly from Applephobia ! > This may just be a symptom of his illness. > A couple of articles which suggest other explanations: http://macdailynews.com/2014/09/01/apples-icloud-not-likely-the-source-of-naked-celebrity-photos-and-videos-leak/ http://www.businessinsider.com.au/icloud-naked-celebrity-photo-leak-2014-9 The fact that many of the photos have been found to have been taken on Android devices tends to point away from iCloud. More will no doubt be known in coming days. Peter Hinchliffe Apwin Computer Services FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer Perth, Western Australia Phone (618) 9332 6482 Mob 0403 046 948 -------------------------------------------------------------------- Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

