Hi again Peter,
I just answered my own question.
I switched on WiFi on my iMac and when I checked Contacts, both folders now 
have the full complement.
Just remains to be seen what happens when I sync the old iPhone again by USB.
My wife is away with that at the moment.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Stephen Chape <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: Syncing contacts from one folder to another ?
> Date: 16 Sep 2014 4:15:05 pm AWST
> To: WAMUG Mailing List <[email protected]>
> 
> Hi Peter,
> I just checked and I do have Contacts set up to sync to iCloud on my iMac.
> However my iMac is connected to the modem by Ethernet and WiFi is turned off 
> on the iMac.
> Would that be the problem ?
> 
> My other drives use the WiFi but I feel more secure knowing my iMac is not on 
> the WiFi network !
> 
> On 16 Sep 2014, at 7:26 am, Peter Hinchliffe <[email protected]> 
> wrote:
> 
>> 
>> On 15 Sep 2014, at 6:23 pm, Stephen Chape <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>>> Hi folks,
>>> 
>>> My wife’s old Samsung flip phone is playing up.
>>> So I have set up my old iPhone 3 for her (could be a 4 … I can’t recall).
>>> Anyway I set up Contacts in iTunes to sync “All Contacts” but she only has 
>>> 63 of the 148 in Contacts.
>>> Looks like it has only synced “All on my Mac” rather than “All iCloud”.
>>> I guess because it does not do iCloud !
>>> 
>>> Just wondering what is the simplest way to copy the missing contacts from 
>>> “All iCloud” to “All on my Mac” ?
>>> That is in the Contacts on our iMac, so the 2 folders are identical.
>>> 
>>> Regards,
>>> Stephen Chape
>>> 
>>> Mac by choice
>>> Windows because my employer knew no better
>>> 
>> 
>> Do you have contacts syncing to iCloud on your computer? If so, then the 
>> number of contacts on your Mac should be the same as in iCloud. This must be 
>> setup in the iCloud System Preferences panel, not iTunes. iTunes can only 
>> sync between your computer and your device, so if you have iCloud set up 
>> correctly, you should have all of your contacts on your computer, which 
>> should therefore transfer to the iPhone.
>> 
>> Peter Hinchliffe        Apwin Computer Services
>> FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
>> Perth, Western Australia
>> Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.
>> 
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
> 
> 
> Regards,
> Stephen Chape
> 
> Mac by choice
> Windows because my employer knew no better
> 
> 
> 
> 


Regards,
Stephen Chape

Mac by choice
Windows because my employer knew no better




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>