Struth Daniel,
Perhaps you should publish this new book of yours on Amazon Kindle Services ! !

On 20 Sep 2014, at 6:19 pm, Daniel Kerr <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Rod
> 
> Apologies for the long post,…but hopefully it all follows and you can get the 
> info from it,…..(I have a habit now of not re-reading a post,…just sending 
> it,…lol).
> (I changed the subject line slightly as well).
> 
> Not necessarily…..it's kind of a yes and no and maybe answer I'm afraid. And 
> every person/plan is different.
> But I'll give you my take on my plan and situation,……seeing as it relates to 
> me.
> 
> A few years back when I bought iPhones (4s) for myself and Ronni we did some 
> calculations. (well we spoke on length about it) and we worked out the best 
> plans for both of us.
> I went with a $79 BYOM plan (bring your own mobile). The reason being it was 
> cheaper per month by about $20-$30 and at that time only on a 12month 
> contract versus the 24 month contract.
> So for that plan I got $1200 worth of calls and 2.5GB data. (I went with 
> Telstra due to the Vodafone mess they had at the time and the better Telstra 
> coverage I needed for moving around Perth area and hills a lot,..as well as 
> down South etc).
> The current plan at the time where they gave you a "free" phone was about $99 
> or $109 for the same value. 
> So when I looked at it, it was about $240-360 cheaper per year to buy the 
> phone outright and then sign up for a BYOM plan. (and obviously double that 
> if I looked at being "locked in" to a 2 year contract plan. So over two years 
> that figure goes to $480-$720 dearer. I then also factored in selling off one 
> phone model as well. 
> 
> That was about 3 years ago now I'd say.
> So jump forward to now,….
> 
> If I relook at the plan I'm on now ($79/month) which still has the same $1200 
> worth of calls and 2.5GB of data. (on average I can spend between $950-$1150 
> worth of calls per month).
> To get a "similar" plan now 
> http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/mobiles-on-a-plan/iphone-6/index.htm?switch=Features
> The medium plan I either have to take less data or less amount of calls 
> depending on which "extra" I choose,..so although its $86/per month it's not 
> as good.
> So I look at the Large plan which will give me either more data then I have 
> now but less calls,…(which I could just "squeeze" in.) or more call value and 
> the same amount of data. (which would be my safer bet). This plan is $95. 
> Which is $16 per month more and I'm locked into a 24month contract. And with 
> that I get a "free" 64GB iPhone 6.
> (For ease of calculation I just look at it at $20/per month more). But for 
> exact calculation,..it's $192 per year dearer.  Factor that in being locked 
> into a 2 year contract to "compare",…then it's $384 dearer over those two 
> years.
> 
> I then work out that roughly I can get $350-$400 for my wife's iPhone 4s 
> 64GB. So take the lower figure. (She then gets my iPhone 5 32GB).
> 
> So I take those two figures together,…$384 :saving" and $350 selling the 
> older phone. This makes a total of $734.
> To buy outright the iPhone 6 64GB is $999. 
> So if I then look over the 2 year period again, it's "really" cost me about 
> $265. (yes, I have to buy it at full price upfront,..and hope that I sell the 
> older iPhone. And then wait for the full 2 years to get the "savings"). 
> Anything falls over with these "conditions" then can throw a spanner in the 
> works/calculation.
> 
> (plus, depending on jobs, some businesses will let you write off a portion of 
> your phone purchase as a business expensive…the higher percentage depending 
> on how much you use it for "work".).
> 
> Obviously there are a few factors that can poke holes in all this. Not 
> limited to,…if you upgrade again after 12 months, the calculations are all 
> thrown out. Given I skipped over the 5s and am going from 5 to 6,…I assume 
> that I'll go to the iPhone 7 (unless there's some massive huge "wow" factor 
> for the iPhone 6s) ("s" being for Sapphire screen)….lol,..I don't know,..I'm 
> guessing. (not that I've ever broken a screen on any iPhone,..touch wood).
> Another factor is if Telstra come along and say "I'm sorry we're 
> discontinuing that plan as it's an old plan and we no longer support it,…so 
> you must upgrade to our new "fantastic super beneficial much better" plans. 
> "(note the sarcasm and sales technique,….lol). 
> Or some other factors.
> 
> So hopefully that answers your plan, and calculations.
> For where I buy. At this stage i keep trying the reservation service for the 
> Apple shops. (preferably Garden City). But if anyone else lets me buy it 
> outright,..then I'll go there. (JBHiFi won't sell outright until about next 
> week, as they sell on plans first,..as they make more money from them over an 
> outright purchase customer). Otherwise I was ummmming and arrrring to buy it 
> online direct from Apple. Either way, it's still full RRP. Shops I can 
> sometimes use my "retail experience jedi powers "sell it a little cheaper 
> please" magic,……". (or hey, how about throw in a $20 cover) :o) Either way, I 
> know they make nothing on it really,….but hey. Always worth a try :))
> 
> So hopefully that one answers your buying question ;)
> 
> 
> 
> Hope all that helps. I'm sure my thinking can probably be picked about in 
> places,…but hey, for me,…I can make my calculations and thinking work,..so 
> that's the main thing. As long as I feel ok with it,…then it's a win/win :o))
> 
> 
> Again sorry for the long post,…was trying to get all my thinking on to 
> "paper"……lol :o)
> 
> Enjoy!!
> 
> Kind regards
> Daniel
> ---
> Daniel Kerr
> MacWizardry
> 
> Phone: 0414 795 960
> Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
> Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
> 
> 
> **For everything Apple**
> NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and 
> as such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of MacWizardry. 
> Any information provided does not offer or warrant any form of warranty or 
> accept liability. It would be appreciated that if any information in this 
> email is to be disseminated, distributed or copied, that permission by the 
> author be requested. 
> 
> On 20/09/2014, at 12:34 PM, [email protected] wrote:
> 
>> Hi Daniel
>> Are you saying buy outright and then get a Telstra plan?
>> Which plan?
>> Who do you buy outright from?
>> Please are you able to share your calculations? 
>> ta
>> Blitto
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From:
>> [email protected]
>> 
>> To:
>> <[email protected]>
>> Cc:
>> 
>> Sent:
>> Sat, 20 Sep 2014 12:09:58 +0800
>> Subject:
>> Re: Review of the video capabilities of the iPhone 6+
>> 
>> 
>> Yep, we know better eh Ronni,….lol.
>> The money is better in our pocket then Telstra's,….lol.
>> Hope you enjoy your iPhone 6+. Too big for me I'm afraid,…but then you and i 
>> work a little differently :o) hehe. And I think I'd be lost if it didn't fit 
>> in my jeans pocket like normal!! lol ;)
>> (Might be different in 2015 with an iPhone 6s Plus and an AppleWatch :oP 
>> hehe. ;o)
>> 
>> We can save all the extra money we "save" by not being on plan and save it 
>> for an AppleWatch,…..lol. :o) hehehe.
>> 
>> Did yours arrive on Friday on time? (or did you miss the date like you 
>> thought you might do,…..)? (or did 6 turn up like you thought you may have 
>> done as well,….lol.hehe).
>> Did you read about the "hawkers" paying $120 extra for others to buy phones 
>> to take back to China etc. (Apparently were walking around $20,000 cash 
>> passing it around to people to buy them for them,…to resell). Around $2000 
>> selling back over. (one customs person I read said one guy had over 20 
>> phones going through to claim back the GST and was holding up the queue for 
>> others,…).
>> 
>> Enjoy your new iPhone! :o))
>> 
>> Kind regards
>> Daniel
>> 
>> Sent from my iPhone 5 (soon to be 6)
>> 
>> ---
>> Daniel Kerr
>> MacWizardry
>> 
>> Phone: 0414 795 960
>> Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
>> Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
>> 
>> 
>> **For everything Apple**
>> 
>> NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and 
>> as such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of 
>> MacWizardry. Any information provided does not offer or warrant any form of 
>> warranty or accept liability. It would be appreciated that if any 
>> information in this email is to be disseminated, distributed or copied, that 
>> permission by the author be requested. 
>> 
>> On 20/09/2014, at 12:03 PM, Ronda Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>> Hi Daniel,
>> 
>> As we discussed awhile back before ordered my iPhone 6 Plus ;-))
>> Our Telstra monthly plans (since we have both been out of the Telstra 2 year 
>> contract for some time, is better for both of us!
>> 
>> It's funny how Telstra fail to understand our analogy.... Of course they 
>> don't because they want "more money from US BOTH & lock us into a two year 
>> plan"
>> No Way Telstra say Daniel and Ronni :-)
>> 
>> Cheers,
>> Ronni
>> 
>> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
>> 
>> 
>> On 20 Sep 2014, at 11:12 am, Daniel Kerr <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>> Yes,.I already had Telstra call me to "upgrade" my plan to get a new iPhone 
>> 6 "for free". (and put me back on a 2 year contract).
>> It took me a while to get them to understand that to get the same features 
>> as I have now, it would cost me $20 extra per month. ($240 per year,..$480 
>> over the 2 year contract). Then take into account I then give my iPhone 5 to 
>> my wife and sell her iPhone 4s 64Gb for around $350-$400 (seems to be what 
>> they're going for),…that's a "total" of about $830 minimum. (I won't call it 
>> a "saving", as it's not "technically" a saving per say,…lol. Which is pretty 
>> close to the price of an iPhone 6 64GB at $999. So really it pays for itself 
>> mostly over that 2 year period…..
>> I don't think they could follow my maths, (or perhaps my logic)….lol. I 
>> ended up just saying,..thanks I won't worry about it,..lol.
>> 
>> Now I just have to actually find an iPhone 6 64GB that is in stock and can 
>> be purchased outright. I was going to pre-order but I ummmmed and arrrrred 
>> about the iPhone 6 versus the iPhone 6 Plus. Now I've read some more reviews 
>> and seen them "live" and in videos, I'm sold on the iPhone 6 standard. It 
>> goes into my pocket a lot better. And I don't think I'll miss the few "extra 
>> features" for me anyway.
>> 
>> But they do look like quite a nice phone. (felt sorry for the Perth guy that 
>> just got it and was showing it to the media and it fell out of his hand as 
>> he was getting it out of the box on the pavement.. It's gone like wildfire 
>> around the world showing him doing it. He's on the Whirlpool "Perth camp 
>> out" forum I've been following. He said his phone is perfect and not marked, 
>> so wasn't an issue, bar a bit red-faced,….lol. Lucky! 
>> 
>> Enjoy!
>> 
>> Kind regards
>> Daniel
>> 
>> Sent from my iPhone 5 (soon to be 6)
>> 
>> ---
>> Daniel Kerr
>> MacWizardry
>> 
>> Phone: 0414 795 960
>> Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
>> Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
>> 
>> 
>> **For everything Apple**
>> 
>> NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and 
>> as such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of 
>> MacWizardry. Any information provided does not offer or warrant any form of 
>> warranty or accept liability. It would be appreciated that if any 
>> information in this email is to be disseminated, distributed or copied, that 
>> permission by the author be requested. 
>> 
>> On 20/09/2014, at 10:54 AM, [email protected] wrote:
>> 
>> Thanks Susan!
>> I followed the link after the video and he writes about the camera 
>> comparisons between 5S and 6.
>> Very interesting!!
>> And feeding my justification to get a 6 when mu contract expires next month
>> :)
>> blitto 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From:
>> [email protected]
>> 
>> To:
>> "[email protected] List" <[email protected]>
>> Cc:
>> 
>> Sent:
>> Sat, 20 Sep 2014 10:11:52 +0800
>> Subject:
>> Review of the video capabilities of the iPhone 6+
>> 
>> 
>> This may be of interest. The footage is shot in Iceland.
>> 
>> http://austinmann.com/trek/iphone-6-plus-camera-review-iceland
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
>> 
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
>> 
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
>> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>


Regards,
Stephen Chape

Mac by choice
Windows because my employer knew no better




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>