If at this point you still have the white screen, restore the iPod using the 
restore function in iTunes under the Summary tab (this will erase everything on 
the iPod and put it at factory settings).
Don't disconnect or eject the iPod until the restore is totally done. 
After you think it's done, wait another five minutes.

Cheers,
Ronni
Sent from Ronni's iPad4


> On 20 Oct 2014, at 2:21 pm, Jennifer Lefroy <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hello Ronni,
> 
> Is it in disk mode when the screen is light again?  If not, how do I tell? I 
> am not sure if it has any significance but there is a very light spot in the 
> bottom left hand corner.
> 
> Regards,
> Jennifer
> 
>> On 20 October 2014 08:07, Ronda Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi Jennifer,
>> 
>> An added step to what I previously mentioned, is worth a try.
>> From Apple Support:
>> Try putting the iPod into disk mode:
>> Reset the device (press the Sleep and Volume Down buttons simultaneously 
>> until the display turns black—about eight seconds).
>> When the display turns black, hold down the Volume Down and Volume Up 
>> buttons simultaneously until the device enters Disk mode.
>> While the device is in disk mode, sync it to iTunes and try to restore.
>> 
>> http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3474
>> 
>> Cheers,
>> Ronni
>> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
>> 
>> 
>>> On 20 Oct 2014, at 7:06 am, Jennifer Lefroy <[email protected]> 
>>> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Thanks, Ronni.  It is "Dead as Dodo" then I think.  A new one it is.
>>> 
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jennifer
>>> 
>>>> On 19 October 2014 21:55, Ronda Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> Hi Jennifer,
>>>> 
>>>> The Nano 'White Screen of Death" -
>>>> Hold the home button - then while still holding down the home button - 
>>>> hold volume up button - then while still holding those buttons - go and 
>>>> hold the power off button and hold that until you see the apple logo.
>>>> 
>>>> If this does not work... The Nano is dead... probably the best option is 
>>>> to purchase a new iPod?
>>>> 
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> Ronni
>>>> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>>> On 19 Oct 2014, at 9:37 pm, Jennifer Lefroy <[email protected]> 
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>> Hello Everyone,
>>>>> 
>>>>> I have tried all the suggested Apple Support tricks to rescue my iPod 
>>>>> nano 6 which shows a white or black screen.  (I suspect my propensity to 
>>>>> drop it is responsible.)
>>>>> 
>>>>> I note they say that if all the suggestions fail, it may need to be 
>>>>> serviced. 
>>>>> 
>>>>> Does anyone know if this is a reasonable option or should I cut my losses 
>>>>> and buy a new one? (It is long out of warranty.)
>>>>> 
>>>>> I will be grateful for any opinions.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Regards,
>>>>> Jennifer

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>