Hi John,

Are you running Yosemite?
Have you Quit Mail and restarted Mail to see if the incorrect From still shows?

I received similar email on Wednesday. 
I first downloaded the email on my iPad and noticed it was showing From - 
'Apple Inc' but was actually From- '[email protected]'.
I then checked my email on my MacBook Air and again the message downloaded and 
showed From - Apple Inc' ?

I got really busy on support work and completely forgot about my 'issue'.
After reading your email this morning it jogged my memory so I again checked 
both mail messages on my iPad and in Apple Mail on MBA.... And they are now 
showing the correct From - '[email protected]'..... Go figure???

So I have no idea why this sometimes happens.

Cheers,
Ronni

Sent from Ronni's iPad4


> On 14 Nov 2014, at 8:13 am, John Thompson <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> In the last couple of days I have received emails from a friend of mine in 
> Mandurah.  His emails have always shown in the Mail From Column as  ‘Bob 
> Smoothy’  but now  are showing as ‘Apple Inc.’.
> I have had a quick look, thanks to  Peter Hinchliffe, at Previous Recipients 
> and also Mailbox Rebuild.  Peter seems to recall a similar situation some 
> time ago but cannot at the moment put his finger on it.
> 
> Any ideas?
> 
> regards
> 
> John Thompson
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>