Hey Ronnie, great to hear from you. Thanks for the details on this
font, I didnt realise there were so many types!!

Im actually hoping I can use this font in PS (or Illustrator) so would
it available on my MBPro? I cant seem to find it by doing a search on
my mac so I guess not?

I just did a quick google and see from most sites that it requires a
purchase, although some are free and there are some alternatives. I
will investigate over the coming days when I get good internet!

Hope all is good back in WA

Best regards

Chris

On 11/22/14, Ronni Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> The iOS 8 Font is Helvetica Neue. It’s bundled by default with every version
> of OS X so you don’t need to download or add any fonts to use the look.
>
> There are actually a few variations of Helvetica Neue that are used by Apple
> on our iPhones, iPads, and iPods, including:
>
>       • Helvetica Neue – UltraLight
>       • Helvetica Neue – Light
>       • Helvetica Neue – Thin
>       • Helvetica Neue – Regular
>       • Helvetica Neue – Medium
>
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni
>
> 13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
> 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
> 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
> 512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
>
>
>> On 22 Nov 2014, at 5:57 pm, Chris Burton <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi wamuggers
>>
>> Im back offshore of Gabon for a second rotation, and nothing much has
>> changed except for the very equatorial weather, with cloudy skies and
>> almost daily storms and heavy rain: at least the ship is nice and
>> clean!!
>>
>> Im just wondering if someone can tell me what the new font is that
>> Apple is using on the iOS 8 system, that I updated to on my 4s before
>> I left Perth? I quite like it (using the 4s alarm each morning!), and
>> assume it must be one of 'Apple's fonts', proprietry perhaps or is it
>> available for anyone to use?
>>
>> If it is not available, are there any other similar fonts that I can
>> access somewhere?
>>
>> Best wishes to all
>>
>> Chris
>
>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>