Thanks Ronni,
I have a Canon MX340 which I assume is an inkjet printer.
I don’t recall any updates for that but it happen within normal updates from 
Apple ?




> On 4 Jan 2015, at 7:48 pm, Ronda Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Stephen,
> 
> CIJScannerRegister is of no use if you don't have an old Canon Inkjet.
> Just don't install any "Canon Inkjet Printer Software Update" in the App 
> Store.
> 
> Because... With just trashing the "CIJScannerRegister.app" instead of using 
> the Terminal commands to "delete the executable inside the app bundle" so the 
> OS thinks it's still installed but it can't run.
>  
> It would most likely appear again in the form of a "Canon Inkjet Printer 
> Software Update" in the App Store. Apparently Canon still include it in the 
> Inkjet printer software updates.
> 
> If you ever experience the problem again I'll post the Terminal Commands to 
> the list.
> 
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> 
> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
> 
> 
> On 4 Jan 2015, at 4:37 pm, Stephen Chape <[email protected] 
> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
> 
>> Thank you Ronni.
>> I just carried out that procedure and looks to be fixed !
>> 
>>> On 4 Jan 2015, at 4:10 pm, Stephen Chape <[email protected] 
>>> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Thanks Ronni.
>>> I found it in Activity Monitor but was unsure if I should quit the process 
>>> or not.
>>> I will take a look when my guests have left !
>>> 
>>> 
>>>> On 4 Jan 2015, at 11:40 am, Ronda Brown <[email protected] 
>>>> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> Hi Stephen,
>>>> 
>>>> Here is how to stop your Mac from broadcasting to UDP port 8612 every few 
>>>> seconds without using a Terminal WIndow:   
>>>> Under Utilities (In Application Folder) launch the Activity Monitor, 
>>>> then show "All Processes" and find the one named "CIJScannerRegister.app" 
>>>> and hit the Stop Sign (Quit Process). 
>>>>   
>>>> Then go to Machintosh HD > Library > Image Capture > Support > 
>>>> LegacyDeviceDiscoveryHelpers ->then drag "CIJScannerRegister.app" in the 
>>>> trash and empty it.
>>>> 
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> Ronni
>>>> 
>>>> Sent from Ronni's iPad4
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> On 4 Jan 2015, at 10:00 am, Stephen Chape <[email protected] 
>>>> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> Hi folks,
>>>>> 
>>>>> I have just noticed that something called CIJScannerRegister tries every 
>>>>> few seconds to send data from my iMac.
>>>>> It became apparent when I re-activated Intego NetBarrier to have a bit of 
>>>>> a “fiddle” with it.
>>>>> Poking around on Google I have discovered quite a number of users looking 
>>>>> for ways to stop this.
>>>>> It appears to be something related to Canon Printer Drivers and is not 
>>>>> necessary.
>>>>> In fact some users who have not used Canon for years still have it going 
>>>>> on.
>>>>> I have tried some of the methods described (except for terminal methods) 
>>>>> to stop this but it continues.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Does anyone know if it is worth trying to stop or is it of no consequence 
>>>>> ?
>>>>> If so how to get rid of it ?
>>>>> 
>>>>> Regards,
>>>>> Stephen Chape
>>>>> 
>>>>> Mac by choice
>>>>> Windows because my employer knew no better
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>


Regards,
Stephen Chape

Mac by choice
Windows because my employer knew no better




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>