Hi Stephen,

Did you install any updates to cause it to appear again?

You will have to use Terminal.app

sudo killall CIJScannerRegister

sudo rm -rf /Library/Image\ Capture/Support/LegacyDeviceDiscoveryHelpers

The first command simply kills the process which is causing the endless UDP
broadcast packets.

The second command deletes the application so it cannot start again on a
machine restart.
==================

If it troubles you again, you might need to use terminal to delete the
executable inside the app bundle so the OS thinks it's still installed but it
can't run.

In Terminal:

killall CIJScannerRegister cd
/Library/Image\Capture/Support/LegacyDeviceDiscoveryHelpers/CIJScannerRegister.app/Contents/MacOS/
 sudo rm CIJScannerRegister

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage