Hi Ronni
See response insitu.
Thanks for your detailed response, sometimes these things just work themselves 
out over time. I’ll continue to look for answers.
Kind regards
Peter

> On 30 Jan 2015, at 9:21 am, Ronni Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Peter,
> 
> I updated from Yosemite OS X 10.10.1 to 10.10.2 using the 
> OSXUpdCombo10.10.2.dmg (841.1MB file size)
> Installation only took 5mins, including the Apple ID SignIn setup windows.
I didn’t use the OSXUpdCombo10.10.2dmg, I never have done it this way and have 
always used the normal update procedure.
> 
> I have not experienced the problem you are having in Apple Mail & have not 
> heard of any issues with this.
> I can drag messages to a Mailboxes that have Sub Folders (‘nested’mailboxes)
> I ‘perhaps’ noticed you need to hold the message a bit longer before the 
> Mailbox opens to display the ‘nested’ mailboxes?
> But is does work as it has before the update.
Definitely doesn’t work any more, as always, it could have been something else 
rather than the update but I can’t think of what?
> 
> Can you Control-Click a message, choose ‘Move To’, then choose a Mailbox?
Yes, I’m aware of this but it can be a bit laborious this way.
> If you IMAP accounts and are unable to move messages, it is possible the 
> messages contain invalid characters  
> Have you restarted Mail, restarted your Mac, did you Repair Permissions after 
> installed the Update 10.10.2?
I use POP accounts.
> 
> This is how I install OS X Updates:
> 1.  Repair Permissions 
> 2. Backup my Mac (Time Machine & a SD Bootable Clone )
> 3. Turn Time Machine OFF 
> 4. Quit all open applications
> 5. Disconnect any devices connected to Mac
> 
> After installation completes:
> 1. I Repair Permissions
> 2. Open all my important Applications & thoroughly check everything is 
> working correctly
> 3. I don’t turn Time Machine ON or connect any external devices until I’m 
> satisfied that there are NO problems
> 4. When I am sure there are no problems, then I turn on Time Machine 
> 5. After working for a few days in the new updated system, I then do a SD 
> Bootable Clone.
Did all this except for turning off Time Machine and the checking of all 
applications, just not that thorough!
> 
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> 
> 13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
> 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
> 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
> 512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
> 
> OS X Yosemite 10.10.2
> 
>> On 29 Jan 2015, at 7:43 pm, Peter Curtis <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>> Yes Ronni, that is correct
>> Kind regards
>> Peter
>> 
>>> On 29 Jan 2015, at 6:04 pm, Ronni Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Hi Peter,
>>> 
>>> Drag the Message over the Mailbox that contains other mailboxes... the 
>>> Mailbox opens and shows the mailboxes within & you can drop the message 
>>> into which ever mailbox.
>>> 
>>> Do you mean this is not working for you in OS X 10.10.2?
>>> 
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ronni 
>>> 
>>> Ronni's iPhone 6 Plus
>>> 
>>> 
>>>> On 29 Jan 2015, at 3:29 pm, Peter Curtis <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> Hi all
>>>> Since installing the last update 10.10.2, I find I can no longer access my 
>>>> mailboxes by dragging over a mailbox to show mailboxes within 
>>>> automatically (I hope that makes sense) To access a mailbox when placing 
>>>> mail within that mailbox I have to open the mailbox which the subservient 
>>>> mailboxes are stored in first. I have tried all the settings within 
>>>> Mail>preferences and System preferences but cannot find any solution.
>>>> Kind regards
>>>> Peter
>>> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Settings & Unsubscribe - 
> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>