Pat I am assuming the email you responded to was the same as Blitto posted.

Next time, before you click on the link, hover your mouse over the link and you
will see the ‘real’ link that you will be going to. In this case it’s sending
you to an address with "intersrves”   in the address.  It’s clearly not an
Apple address, don’t have anything to do with it.

This address also appears in the address bar of the browser if you DO click on
the link - which in itself is unwise to let, let alone complete any of the
fields.

Mail.app is so alarmed that I have tried to send the web address in this email,
that it’s blocked me from sending even a partial address to use as an example
for you; it’s that well known.

Tim