Hello pat

On 01/06/2015, at 5:27 PM, Tim Law wrote:

> Pat I am assuming the email you responded to was the same as Blitto posted.
>
> Next time, before you click on the link, hover your mouse over the link and
> you will see the ‘real’ link that you will be going to. In this case it’s
> sending you to an address with "intersrves”   in the address.  It’s clearly
> not an Apple address, don’t have anything to do with it.
>
> This address also appears in the address bar of the browser if you DO click
> on the link - which in itself is unwise to let, let alone complete any of the
> fields.
>
> Mail.app is so alarmed that I have tried to send the web address in this
> email, that it’s blocked me from sending even a partial address to use as an
> example for you; it’s that well known.

You should not even rely on using your mouse to hover over the address to check
that it is valid - even this can be "got around" by hiding the address inside
another apparent address. This only becomes apparent if you look at the full
header information, which is not normally displayed. And for all I know some
scammers might have a way to get around that.

So the answer is to never provide personal or financial details to any
unsolicited email no matter what it looks like, and who it appears to be from.

Regards

Geoff