Hi Michael, I also found another article which takes you through all of it.

https://deciphertools.com/blog/2015_01_27_itunes_sync_vs_backup_ensure_data/

It is a step by step guide similar to what Ronni would give you.

If neither of these threads make sense to you its possible to just do your own
Google search.

cheers, Susan.