Hi,
I’m sure this will have been addressed somewhere in the past, but please point
me to a solution.

A senior citizen friend has reset her iPad Mini in an attempt to solve a
problem transferring photos on it to her iMac running Maverick OS.
That problem prior to reset was a message -“Unable to transfer to Photo as the
device is locked” Her 4 digit password wouldn’t unlock that and the message
kept repeating. Can I come back to that problem later because—

As a result of resetting her iPad Mini, the wifi needs reconnecting, but she’s
forgotten her password.
We tried all her passwords, then the codes on the back of the router/modem
without success.

Is the only solution to access the router and reset the passord, or is there a
simpler workaround?
If I have to reset her modem is that straitforward?

BY THE WAY I don’t think her iPad Mini is right up to date but has iOS 9
something.

Thanks

Marcus
Marcus Harris