Ok Blitto, I think if you’re going to do back up by connecting a drive via USB
direct to the Mac, it can only ever remain as a backup via that path
connection. TC is smart and full path cannot be jerked around to remap an old
backup. But if you want to start afresh with a locally connected drive for a TM
backup then that should be fine. I don’t know how the Mac will go knowing it
has a previous backup on your TC as well though. That one is beyond me.

Pete.

Peter Crisp
petercr...@westnet.com.au