Hi Tim and interested members,

Yes, I read Apple News and had read the article.

I had been a loyal CBA customer since leaving school and starting work back in
1960. This was the first time I was so disappointed with the CBA and spent
‘wasted’ time (similar to Daniel) campaigning for CBA to use Apple Pay.
I couldn't believe that CBA a 'forward thinking bank' was not keeping up with
technology.

So what did I do about it?
Macquarie Bank and ING Direct had Apple Pay so when the CBA didn’t follow, I
already had Macquarie and ING Direct accounts (as well as CBA accounts), so I
transferred most of my funds and payments from my CBA account to my Macquarie
and ING Direct so I've been able to use Apple Pay for quite some time… Pay
anyone… and with Wallet - Theatre Concert show seat number - check in for
flights ‘Boarding Pass'  - etc.
I’ve found Apple Pay  excellent service and with Touch ID… so easy! ;-)

You can bet if the Banks ‘invent’ this ‘instant paying app’… the Banks will
make money - the customers will pay!

Well that’s my 5c added to the topic ;-))