/Quote:
official statement that macOS High Sierra 10.13 didn’t support Fusion Drives or
hard disks – in the launch press release of 25 September 2017:
APFS currently supports every Mac with all‑flash internal storage — support for
Fusion and HDD Mac systems will be available in a future update.
/End Quote

There has been no more recent press release which has updated that statement

 Ronni Brown’s iPad Pro 12.9-inch 256GB