restart all devices?

Sent from OPPO Mail
On Diana & Graham Stevens <diag...@iinet.net.au>, 29 Mar 2018 9:14 a.m. wrote:

I have decided I can’t do without WAMUG, I shall pay my dues today.

If this is a bit garbled please bear with me, I am very depressed, any fellow sufferers will know this means no ability to concentrate, accident prone etc.

Present problem, I needed to use my iPad away from home. Set up Graham’s iPhone as hot spot, turned off wifi on iPad to do it. Turned wifi on again. Did not need to use the iPad after all, left it at home, this was on Tuesday.

All well until today, iPhone tells me to turn on wifi for better location services. Didn’t think I had turned it off. Hit the button, I can’t remember what it said but whatever it was I assumed it would turn wifi on. I cursed myself for using 4G for lengthy phone calls but it was necessary because our landline has had an intermittent fault for over 2 weeks, off 50% of time, Telstra technician hasn’t been able to solve it.

Connection unsuccessful. Message make sure “VW BT 3209” is turned on and in range.

But it is connected, icons for Telstra and wifi. I have no idea what this device is.

Looked in Bluetooth which shows both my iPad and this device as unconnected. I get the equivalent message to above. But Find my iPhone on my iPad shows my iPad and my old iPad 4 as connected. No mention of foreign device.

Find my iPhone on the iPhone, logged me out for my own protection, logged in again, it shows my two iPads, the iPhone doesn’t appear.

At one stage I managed to select the foreign device (I can’t remember how). Forget this device was greyed out, I tried to Sync contacts, the only other option got the same error message.

On my iPad the only device in Bluetooth is the iPhone.

I turned off Bluetooth on the iPhone, powered down and restarted. Unknown device still there.

Should I turn Bluetooth off, if warns me against it?

The only other thing that might be relevant is that I noticed Graham has not turned on Two-Factor Authentication.

I haven’t a clue what to do next nor whether this has serious implications. Any suggestions?

Regards Diana

Sent from my iPad