Hi I have a problem with my iMac (late 2012) which is running OSC 10.11.6, El
Capitan. I am trying to connect it to another iMac (late 2009) which is running
10.10.5, Yosemite.

I have Diskwarrior on the 2009 iMac and wish to use it on the 2012 iMac using
Firewire/Thunderbolt cable.

The 2009 iMac only has a Firewire 800 port and the 2012 iMac has a Thunderbolt
port.

So I am using a Thunderbolt to Firewire 800 adaptor, which in effect has a
Thunderbolt plug (male) on a short cord and a little box that has the Firewire
800 port (female).

I connected the Firewire 800 cable to the adaptor and then plugged the other
end into the 2009 iMac,

When I restart the 2012 iMac and hold down the “T” key I get a grey screen with
a Thunderbolt and Firewire icon, but the 2012 iMac hard drive does not show up
on the 2009 iMac nor does is show on the disks in the popup menu in Diskwarrior.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? Or alternative ways of connecting?

I have only just bought the DiskWarrior app., the thumb drive only got posted
from the US yesterday. The instructions say I can create a boot thumb drive,
but then does not explain how to do. It also mentions having some type of
operating system on the Thumb drive which has me totally confused.

Take care.

Matt.