I shut down my iPhone 6 at bedtime each night and reopen it in the morning.
Often, though not always, on reopening it will come up with the dead battery
symbol despite having been put to sleep with 40% or more showing.   A fresh
attempt at restart may or may not yield success.  Several others have noticed
the same thing and claim that using only Apple cables and never letting charge
go below 50% will ensure continuous service.
Fine to know but why is this so?
Severin Crisp

             Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
                    ph (08) 9842 1950  Mob  0484 624 741
                         mail to: sevcr...@westnet.com.au
<mailto:sevcr...@westnet.com.au>