OK so I’m getting very confused with how notes synching works/does not work in
icloud:

On my iMac, OSX 10.11.6, Notes version 4.2 everything works fine – I can see
notes sections for icloud, bigpond, internode, outlook and “on my computer” I
create notes in the iCloud section and they go to my iCloud notes and can be
seen on all devices. Old notes that were shown as “on my computer” could just
be dragged and dropped to the icloud section and were then accessible across
devices.

Even on my (very) old iPhone 4 running ios 7.1.2 everything works fine – I have
the default account set as icloud and new notes are created in icloud and are
then accessible across devices.

However on my iPad running the most up-to-date compatible ios 10.3.3 I can see
all my icloud notes and I have icloud set as my default notes account BUT every
new note created is created “on my ipad”.

I can not find any way to change it so that new notes are created in icloud –
even though that is the default account. I also cannot move the notes from “on
my ipad” to “icloud” – I can go “edit” then select a note (or notes) and hit
“move to” but the only place which is available to move to (or create new
folders in) is “on my ipad” – ICLOUD just is not visible in the move to window.

I should note that Georgina sees similar behaviour on her devices – an iPhone 4
which works fine and an older mini iPad running its most up-to-date compatible
ios 9.3.5 – in her case she can also see both icloud and on my ipad notes but
can only create notes on the ipad. Her settings are different the only bit that
allows a default account to be selected is “default account for siri” which
shows both icloud and on my ipad  but selecting icloud makes no difference. Her
settings also has a toggle switch for the “on my ipad” account which is on –
but the setting is greyed out and does not seem to let you change it. Again
selecting one of the on my ipad notes and trying the “move to” command only
shows destinations “on my ipad”

It seems very strange that this works fine on the mac and the very old iphones
but not on the ipads?

Any ideas.

Cheers

Neil