Hi folks, I have had the issue as noted in the subject line before many many
times and I have been able to resolve albeit with many different methods.

My wife’s MBP 2011 has developed this problem, not surprisingly coincident with
the OSX update to 10.14.5.

It all started when Jo said she had no sound from the MBA speakers. I did the
usual settings review and then did a reboot. This resolved the sound issue. I
can’t recall if this coincided with the update of the OSX too but the sound is
fixed. But we have no Internet service now. Things I have done here:

PRAM reset
SMC Reset
Reboot
PRAM reset
SMC Reset
Network reset
Forget Wifi connection and re-establish
Clear DNS settings, Try the Google 8.8.8.8, try others, back to 10.1.1.1
Renew DHCP licence
Try to connect via a iPhone hotspot (which is accessing internet fine)

Is this a 10.14.5 issue? I can’t get to the internet with this MBP to do
anything about it.

Any clues folks?

Regards

Pete