From: wamug@wamug.org.au
Sent:Tue, 4 Jun 2019 06:41:45 +0800
Subject:Re: MacBook Pro with Wifi signal but no Internet

 Hi Peter,

 On Your wife’s MBP try:
 Edit her Locations in Network Preferences.
 In Edit Locations, from the drop-down click the “+” to create a
new Location, name it “Automatic” (any name will do)...
 The new location will setup new a new default WiFi (and Ethernet and
FireWire) and hopefully will connect to the Internet immediately.

 Kind Regards,
 Ronni

  Ronni Brown’s iPad Pro 12.9-inch 256GB

 > On 3 Jun 2019, at 9:19 pm, Peter Crisp  wrote:
 >
 > Hi folks, I have had the issue as noted in the subject line before
many many times and I have been able to resolve albeit with many
different methods.

 > My wife’s MBP 2011 has developed this problem, not surprisingly
coincident with the OSX update to 10.14.5.

 > It all started when Jo said she had no sound from the MBA speakers.
I did the usual settings review and then did a reboot. This resolved
the sound issue. I can’t recall if this coincided with the update of
the OSX too but the sound is fixed. But we have no Internet service
now. Things I have done here:

 > PRAM reset
 > SMC Reset
 > Reboot
 > PRAM reset
 > SMC Reset
 > Network reset
 > Forget Wifi connection and re-establish
 > Clear DNS settings, Try the Google 8.8.8.8, try others, back to
10.1.1.1
 > Renew DHCP licence
 > Try to connect via a iPhone hotspot (which is accessing internet
fine)

 > Is this a 10.14.5 issue? I can’t get to the internet with this
MBP to do anything about it.

 > Any clues folks?
 >

 > Regards
 >

 > Pete