Hello Peter
My wife had the same issue, try lowering the display brightness.

Brian Risbey
OS13.3👨🏻‍💻☕️

> On 8 Jan 2020, at 12:54, Peter Crisp <petercr...@westnet.com.au> wrote:

Happy New Year folks. I am assuming some of you have an Apple Watch (which
ever revision you have maybe matters) but I arranged a Apple Watch 5 for my
85yo Mum as a means of providing ready to hand communication and the emergency
services call up feature it has. She's slowly getting used to it. I reviewed
the online Apple information about typical battery life and with normal usage
(the online site provides details about what constitutes normal) should yield
around 18 hours before needing recharge from a full "overnight charge" - it
states.

Well, Mum hardly knows how to use it so is basically only looking at it
occasionally for telling the time and the occasional incoming text is about all
of the actual activity and she finds she is getting <10 hours before needing
recharge.

Does anyone have a similar experience and are there some tips about
configuration (pairing with iPhone) to minimise battery consumption so that she
can avoid a during-the-day recharge?

Kind Regards

Peter Crisp