Hi Matt

Have you read the official Apple help file to “Share the screen of another Mac”?

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mac-help/mh14066/mac

I also have three Macs of various vintages.  Initially I a few problems with
stability with the 3 Macs all sharing at the same time. Works perfectly with
any combination of two.

Cheers,
Alan