Hehe

Where are Fox Mulder & Dana Scully when you need them?

Cheers

Neil

From: <wamug.org.au-wamug-boun...@lists.wamug.org.au> on behalf of kaye and
geoff <k...@kgweb.org.au>
Date: Thursday, 21 May 2020 at 17:08
To: <wamug@wamug.org.au>
Subject: Re: auto-starting iMac

Are you plugged directly into the NBN termination box?

Is the system status light ON?

I might have to agree with Neil’s suggestion “do you know any exorcists”?

Yes - the modem is plugged directly into the NBN termination box. The modem is
off - no lights showing at all. The only connection between the modem and the
iMac is the ethernet cable (as I said, they are even on different power
circuits), and the the modem and computer are about 1.5 metres apart. This is a
temporary setup in an otherwise bare computer room.

To be honest, in more the 50 years of computing I've never seen anything like
it. When it was just the computer booting when I turned the modem on I was
prepared to accept that there may have been an effect, but with the modem off,
it is quite spooky.

Cheers, Kaye

Kaye and Geoff

k...@kgweb.org.au

-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - Guidelines - Settings
& Unsubscribe -