> On 18 Sep 2020, at 1:59 pm, Peter Crisp <petercr...@westnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> Hi there, my son has got himself a 2016 MBP which has USB-C ports only. He
> only has his USB-C charging lead for the new MBP (but he does have a USB-C to
> HDMI and USB-C to USB2 plug ended cables) but I have no other means to
> communicate directly between the two which has a plug end to get into the
> USB-C connector. Will migration assistant work via the USB2 port on the old
> MBP to the USB-C port on the new MBP?
>
> My alternative is to restore from a TM back up which has always been
> successful but slowish. Can anyone recommend anything else to do this?
>
> Regards
>
> Pete.

Last week, JB-HI were advertising a range of USB-C mutilport dongles, which are
pretty much essential for a computer with nothing but USB-C ports. They’re not
the cheapest thing in the world but are a worthwhile investment until the rest
of the world catches up with USB-C devices.

In the meantime, I’d say that the TM restore might be your best option. You
could also consider restoring across an Airport wireless network connection,
but you need to be able to guarantee constancy of connection, so I’d  always
leave that as a last resort.

Kind regards,

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948