Hi team, my wife’s 2011 MBP has failed with grey screen. I couldn’t resurrect
it and was prepared to write it off and use the TM back up to restore into a
new machine. I thought one last check so I pulled out the SSD that I installed
in it many years ago (along with extra RAM) and using my SATA  adaptor, used
the removed SSD as the boot drive on my MBP 2013 Retina.

So I think the MBP chassis is stuffed and I’m looking for another that will
accomodate the 2.5” SSD SATA drive which seems fine.

Does anyone know how late I can go to get an MBP that accommodates the 2.5”
SATA drive? Does a MacBook Air take that sort of drive and would there be any
compatibility issues with going to a later model MBP or MBA with the SSD?

Regards

Pete