Hi Rosemary, sorry I don't have any advice on this problem but I am
   curious as to why you're not using Time Machine or is the WD back
   additional to it? My dear Dad used to have a TM backup as well as TWO
   additional CCC backups running on alternate days!

   I hope you get it sorted, always these problems arise only after you've
   made the change to a new machine or an OSX update.
   Kind Regards
   Peter Crisp